Stream of Tuesday's Banjo or Freakout show at the Knitting Factory

3.29.2011

http://www.livestream.com/theknitbrooklyn

If you missed the show, just hit the link -- it actually looks and sounds quite good, even some strange and robotic security camera style movement.
First song was the only soundcheck we got so give it a sec to warm up and dial in all the sounds.
I mixed it (Nicolas Vernhes) with the help of a very friendly and competent sound guy.
He also let me set up my delay (Memory Man) so I was having a blast layering delay on vocals and over...well, everything.
Did I go too far? Nah, is good, all fine.
It's really fun to mix the live show of a record I've worked on, and a rare occasion; I tried to give it a similar feel, at what feels like the most immersive but totally listenable volume that room can take.

Enjoy!